PlentyOfFish Media Inc
Creative Director, 2009-Current
PlentyOfFish is the world's largest online dating site, with over 90 million registered users. What began as a modest
start-up, quickly grew into a great success – revolutionizing the online dating industry as the first free online dating
site. PlentyOfFish is now available in 5 languages, has expanded into new markets, and offers Android, iPhone, and iPad
apps. Additionally, PlentyOfFish has created three other dating applications: eVow, Passion Match, Fastlife Speed Dating.
At PlentyOfFish, I have:
- Championed and refined user-centered design methodologies across the organization, evolving the design team from a production line and into a confident, critically thinking creative team.
- Implement UX design strategies into the product definition process through close collaboration with UX team.
- Formulated requirements and objectives, conducting user research, optimizing designs through quick validation cycles and having open feedback loops with product owners and users.
- Work closely with product managers, customer service team and data analysis team to glean and formulate user requirements and business objectives.
- Produce extensive documentation and guidelines.
- Optimize core revenue generating features through quick validation cycles and transparent product-design feedback loops.
- Lead, collaborate, mentor UI designers and work closely with developers to ensure the overall quality and experience is consistent.
- Act as principal UI designer in constructing interface across all POF verticals, as well as non-POF products.
- Redesigned all POF web screens to accommodate responsive web practices, as well as supporting style guides, grids, assets and design documentation.
- Redesigned all mobile applications for Android and iOS products, through user-testing, applying mobile best practices and recommendations from Human Interface Guidelines.
- Lead and conceptualized key features for the Passion Match apps, mentoring design team members through the process of building an app from the ground up.
- Extensive user-testing and design variations for eVow web and mobile apps, providing strategic recommendations and easy wins to improve the product and increase conversions.
- Defined and created the responsive mobile experience for Fastlife, as well as supporting style guides, grids, assets and design documentation.
Kambo Green Solutions
UI & UX Designer, 2013-2014
Kambo Green offers a carefully curated suite of products and professional guidance to help inform visitors of the energy-saving options available to them. They are Canada's leading destination for green products, guidance, and installation guides, enabling customers to make the right energy decisions for their tenants, buildings, and homes.
At Kambo Green Solutions, I have:
- Aligned business objectives with the needs of end users.
- Acted as principal UI designer in constructing interface across all Kambo platforms.
- Conducted market research and produced competitive analyses documentation.
- Created and maintain printed collateral and marketing materials.
UI & UX Designer, 2004-2014
I've partnered with companies of all sizes and provided a wide range of services, from developing branding systems for successful startups, to fully developed websites and user experiences. I create lasting and meaningful relationships between my clients and their audiences, through smart thinking and intelligent design. I've worked together with clients to articulate their brand vision, values, culture and personality, while considering their business in the context of its competitive landscape, analysing trends, and we define audience requirements and patterns of behaviour.
- High fidelity UI design and web development of numerous blogs, websites, e-commerce shops, advertisements, and emails.
- Print design for logos, letterhead, business cards and marketing collateral, annual reports, and catalogues.
- Deﬁned various brands and their overall visual identity.
- Conducted usability testing and made recommendations based on findings.
- Produced high level product documentation along with visual and interaction guidelines.
- Produced wireframes and prototypes for the web experience.
Dr. Peter Aids Foundation
The Dr. Peter Aids Foundation is a non-profit organization using innovative health care to become a leader in HIV/AIDS care, specifically for individuals with social barriers and multiple medical conditions.
As a creative volunteer at the centre, I strive to adhere to the values of the Dr. Peter Aids Foundation, conveying the compassion, courage, inclusion and innovation for which the centre has become known for.
Onext Media Inc
Senior Designer, 2007-2009
Onext Media was a digital advertising and broadcast company, distributing client advertisements across Canada,
through digital signage and menu boards.
Responsibilities included executing digital design strategies and concepts for digital advertising campaigns, while leading brainstorming exercises with project managers and sales directors, and provided direction and inspiration to other designers.